What is it like to volunteer at Branching Out?
Whatever your skills are or whatever you enjoy doing you will always be encouraged to put those skills to the best possible use in order to provide the support needed for people with learning disabilities. The people we support, staff and my fellow volunteers are a wonderful group of people and I find that I have a lot of fun when I spend time with them at Branching Out. I am enjoying working in the reception and I hope that I provide a friendly and helpful service to those who telephone the charity or visit us on site.— Stella (March 2012)
Give your time and change lives in your community
Volunteering roles available:
- Can you help us to maintain our site? This involves tidying up leaves, weeding, picking up litter and basic DIY skills
- We want to paint the outside of a wooden single storey building. Can you help with this?
- Help to run our Going Out Group
Volunteering in our charity shops:
- High Value Items Volunteer
- Bric-a-brac Volunteer
- Music/DVD/books Volunteer
- Volunteers Training & Recruitment
- Sorting Room Volunteer
- Shop Floor Volunteer
- Processing and recruiting Donations Volunteer
To find out more about volunteering at Branching Out watch the following video or click here.